Sunday, November 1, 2009



I spent some time this afternoon at Forsyth Park here in Savannah sketching passers-by with a friend of mine. I had not drawn from life in longer than I care to admit, but I never regret it when I do. It always takes a little while for the pencil to feel good in your hand and for your brain to get in the right mode, but once you find that place its like no other. After awhile every single person that walks by is a source of inspiration. We are all characters, but we seldom stop and observe long enough to truly appreciate and absorb the simple beauty and amazing variety found in the people around us.

2 comments:

  1. These are really great Kurt. When we start concept, I think you should be developing character design just as much as me. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete