Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Karmann Get It!



Here's the results of a recent project we had to do for a visual effects modeling class that I'm taking as an elective. It's a 1963 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia hardtop. The curvy body lines proved to be quite a challenge in the beginning, as they taper and fade as you make your way across the body panels. I had restarted a couple different times before I learned that if I traced the body lines with an EP curve, I could more accurately tell where the dips, swoops, and bulges went. Its amazing how much of a difference it makes having those guidelines there (you can see them poking through a little bit on the front drivers-side quarter panel in the work in progress screen shot).

Its my first attempt at modeling a car, so I'm pretty proud of the results :)



No comments:

Post a Comment